Vct Tile Removal Price

Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #1

Trade: CONTRUCTION

Vct Tile Removal Price

What Is A Guesstamation On Removing Vct Tile I A Room T 20'x27' I Plan On Renting A Tile Floor Stripper Machine (electric) ?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Tile Contractor

Trade: Building Trades-Specializing in Ceramic Tile

Re: Vct Tile Removal Price

Asbestos?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Knowledge Factory

Trade: Certified Floorcovering Failure Investigator

Last one I did I proposed $3 a sq.ft. Plus the cost of machine rental. They didn't bat an eye
Old 07-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #4

it's not abestos
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #5

$3.00 per sq ft seems high, that would be $1620, + 60.00 rental machine, $162.00 for vct tile install, thats .30 sq ft $20.00 roller rental, $94.00 cove base install, thats $1.00 per linear ft total would be approx: $1956.00, does this price seem fair? thank you
Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Commercial Flooring

In general if I know I need a machine for the rip-up (I always bring one just in case) I am in the $1-$1.5 range a foot, depending on the size of the job and other issues like, are you going to have to haul away the old tile or dispose of it on site. Accessability to the area and other special needs. Those things can raise the price substantially.

Secondly, you may need to skim coat the floor after the rip up, sometimes you need a double skim, and allow for heavy patch for cracks, holes, voids, etc. I almost always plan on at least one skim coat generally about .90-$1.5 a foot (am I supplying the patch, is the customer, etc) one again the size of the job will affect this pricing. Leave a clause for unforseeable floor prep. (quick note if you need a machine for the rip up, plan on the skim coat)

The install itself, 30 cents a foot is cheap even if they supply the adhesive. I would get that closer to .90-$1 a foot unless you really need the work.

Add in for reducers or transistion strips. The base price you listed is about right. If you have to pick up the materials and deliver them charge for that as well.

The overall price is about right if you are supplying the labor directly, chances are you would not get that as a sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskoo View Post
$3.00 per sq ft seems high, that would be $1620, + 60.00 rental machine, $162.00 for vct tile install, thats .30 sq ft $20.00 roller rental, $94.00 cove base install, thats $1.00 per linear ft total would be approx: $1956.00, does this price seem fair? thank you
Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #7

i really appreciate, all the help you all have gave me, this really helps, god bless
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
Knowledge Factory

Trade: Certified Floorcovering Failure Investigator

.30 a foot to install the tiles???? Are you serious???

I couldn't afford to do it at that price. Even @ $1 a foot it would be break even and no real profit.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: Commercial Flooring

They did not bat an eye when they heard that price...

VCT Install only you can not break even at $1 a foot????? 20x27 room that is a half days work, if that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floordude View Post
.30 a foot to install the tiles???? Are you serious???

I couldn't afford to do it at that price. Even @ $1 a foot it would be break even and no real profit.