Residential Flooring Project - Prices And Bidding?

Old 02-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
Trade: Flooring
Rewards Points: 2

Residential Flooring Project - Prices And Bidding?

Hi all,

I am running a new sub and was wondering if I can get some help from other contractors with experience. Before I was a PM for a drywall company, but I am building my own flooring sub since my father is into the tile supply business.

- What are the going rates in South Florida? Just want to make sure I do not overbid and can compete with price.
- Is there a typical profit margin to shoot for on commercial vs residential?
- I will be doing mostly tile, but carpet, vynil, laminate, etc will also be one of our services. Do you recommend anything for or against this?
- Any advice for doing these estimates? I am just doing take off from the plans, and will just follow the square footage to get my calculations. Any hidden cost you guys think I should be wary of?

Any additional insight will be extremely appreciated. I really plan on building a strong sub-flooring company in South Florida, I know there are obstacles, but I am hoping you guys can help out big time.

Really look forward to hearing back from all other pros. Thanks!

Last edited by Leo G; 02-15-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Strikeout pricing question.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Trade: Remodeling (mostly kitch/bath)
Rewards Points: 2,788

Re: Residential Flooring Project - Prices And Bidding?

Tree Fiddy' is the going price ! Especially in FLA.

Do a search here and other places online to do estimates. Good lack !

The Following User Says Thank You to kirkdc For This Useful Post:
TileMasterMiami (02-15-2018)