LVT Plank Along Curved Bathtub - Flooring - Contractor Talk

LVT Plank Along Curved Bathtub

Old 03-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Repairs & Finishing
Rewards Points: 1,828

LVT Plank Along Curved Bathtub

LVT was already run on slab. The 5' plank along the tub is scribed due to the strong outer tub bow -- what company makes flexible mould, that might allow for expansion of the floating floor? That might fit along the horizontal radius? (Stainmaster, the maker, doesn't offer this)

Caulk was applied direct between the cut edge and the tub although now the product seems to be separating at the first 'lock' seam, more so the further it gets away from the center/outer bow.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #2
spazman

Trade: floorcovering installer
Rewards Points: 132

Re: LVT Plank Along Curved Bathtub

You could use a tub molding. It's basically a piece of cove base that is about an inch and a half tall and has a peel and stick adhesive. The one that I use comes in a 61 inch length. Sorry but I don't know the manufacturer. Check with a flooring supply place or a good flooring store.

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #3

Trade: Floor Coverings
Rewards Points: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazman View Post
You could use a tub molding. It's basically a piece of cove base that is about an inch and a half tall and has a peel and stick adhesive. The one that I use comes in a 61 inch length. Sorry but I don't know the manufacturer. Check with a flooring supply place or a good flooring store.
Is tub molding its specific name? We just use flexible quarter rounds usually. They can be expensive from the big box stores, I get them at most $15 per 8 foot length in a local flooring store.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 03-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
spazman

Trade: floorcovering installer
Rewards Points: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePelican View Post
Is tub molding its specific name? We just use flexible quarter rounds usually. They can be expensive from the big box stores, I get them at most $15 per 8 foot length in a local flooring store.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Tub molding is what they call it where I buy it.
How do you attach flexible quarter round on a concrete slab? I understand that it would have to be done with some sort of adhesive but how do you get it tight and to stay in place until the adhesive sets up?
Old 03-17-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,388

Quote:
how do you get it tight and to stay in place until the adhesive sets up?
Hot glue
Old 03-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #6
90%-er

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,556

Quote:
Tub molding is what they call it where I buy it.
How do you attach flexible quarter round on a concrete slab? I understand that it would have to be done with some sort of adhesive but how do you get it tight and to stay in place until the adhesive sets up?
Apply strong adhesive glue to vinyl quarter round (waterproof). Pess into place with extra tiles, heavy tools, etc. Wait overnight. We do if all the time. Lots of houses on concrete slabs around here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement