Double Checking

Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #1

Trade: Carpentry, Remodel
Rewards Points: 10

Double Checking

I'm going to be installing 6 inch white oak, locally milled. This will be the widest I've ever done. I've done up to 5.25. Now my mind is bringing up questions so I know I need to double check. customer doesn't really want screw and plug, my worry is cupping obviously. I was planning on nailing and stripes of glues spaced with nails, straight to the subfloor. Its a post and beam full basement and no moisture issues.
Is it possible to use paper and still glue? or is there something even easier I can use and skip the whole plan.
I'm having the customer rotate the flooring weekly while it acclimates for the next month.... Currently installing a kitchen, which will be photo worthy and I'll be posting that at the end of the month.

so yes no maybe?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement